Department of Biotechnology
Department of Biotechnology was started in the year 2000 with a single combination and has been now emerged with wide range of scientific disciplines. Students who are passionate about science opt the course. The department has well equipped laboratories which gets constantly upgraded to meet the advancements and university requirement. Since its inception in the college the department has organized several seminars, guest lectures,Science quiz,OJT’s, faculty workshops, Biofair’setc for overall development of the students to be more creative and innovative. Students with innovativeideas are constantly encouraged by allowing them to make use of department resources and help them reach their goals.
- To lay a solid foundation in the rapidly expanding field of Biotechnology
- To produce qualified and skilled researchers in many disciplines of Biotechnology
- To develop, implement and evaluate the curriculum of Biotechnology programme with a strong commitment to be aligned, in compliance with the all standards.
To be a spark of academic excellence concentrating on Scientific Programmes and building up individuals to benefit society.
- To provide quality education
- Constantly upgrading teaching methodologies to meet the day to day demands in the field of education
- To bringout overall development among the students.
- Helping the students to turn into global competitors with ethical values.
- To inculcate interest on research among the students.
Duration: 3 years(6 Semesters)
Courses offered in B.SC:
- B.SC (Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry)
- B.SC (Biotechnology, Zoologyy, Chemistry)
- B.SC (Biotechnology, Microbiology, Chemistry)
- B.SC (Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computerr applications)
- B.SC (Biotechnology, Botany, Zoology)
- B.SC (Biotechnology, Microbiology, Zoology)
A career in Biotechnology is amongst the most popular careers in the field of Biology and is filled with opportunities to work in the medical sector as well as research and development.
Here are the top Biotechnology careers in India:
- Biological Technician
- Biomedical Engineer
- Medical Scientist
- Clinical Technician
- Process Development Scientist
- Sales in a Biopharma Company
- R&D and Process Development Scientists
- Department of Biotechnology located in the 2nd floor of UG block has two well equipped modern laboratories with all primary necessities needed for the performance of practicals .
- Books of national and international authors related to topics of academic curriculum.
- Computer system with internet connection and many more.
- Hands-on workshop to Biotechnology faculty of all degree colleges under Kakatiya University under the guidance of Dr.G.Vikram, former Head, Department of Biotechnology, VD&PGC.
- Department of Biotechnology of VD&PGC has taken and initiation to organize Bio-Fair which was first of its kind in the year 2007.
- ‘Scienza-es-dios’– in Jan 15 2015
- Vaag-Vismai- 15th , 16th and 17th Sept-2017
- Vaag-Vismai- 25th and 26th sept-2019
- Hands-on workshop to students on techniques of Molecular Biology through Primer Biotech laboratories.
- Regular weekend seminars were conducted to inculcate competitive spirit , overcome stage-fear and to help improvising their body language and communication skills so that they can cope up with the emerging trends in the society.
- Extension lectures by eminent Professors was organized for widening the scope of subject in the minds of students.
- Students were encouraged and guided to participate in several quiz, poster and power point presentation competitions held at different colleges.
- They were also trained up with organizing skills to handle and hold up an event either in academics or non-academics.
- In addition to concentrating on academics Department of biotechnology is also working on rooting deeply the moral and ethical values in the minds of the students to transform them into social beings.
Department of Biotechnology,
Research aspects in Plant Biotechnology
Head, Department of Biotechnology
Plant Tissue Culture and its applications
Dr. K. Srikanth
Assistant professor (PT)
Dept. Of Biotechnology
Dr. S. Srikanth
Kaveri seeds pvt Ltd.
Dr. MA Imran.
Mathrusri High School, parkal.
Country Operation Head
Valagro Biosciences Pvt Ltd
Founder and CEO
Lavin laboratories Hyderabad, Telangana
Add-On Courses offered by Department
1. Fermented Foods
2. Agro forestry
3. IPR & Bio Safety Regulations
List of Faculty Members