Department of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Implementation of project work by students and thereby encourage publications and Powerpoint/Poster presentation at conferences.
- Conduction of Seminars/Workshops.
- Encourage the students for Internships, as a result of which subject related placements will increase.
Vision & Mission
- To ensure that students develop an interest, curiosity in academics and are exposed to practical training which will enhance their theoretical understanding and increase an aptitude for exploration.
- They will be encouraged to develop scientific temperament, analytical skills and to take up internships, which would become the stepping stone to success in research/ job opportunity
Nutrition and Dietetics BSc Courses
- BSc Degree course having Nutrition & Dietitics is being offered in our college. It is 3 years program.
- The programmes covers various subjects like human physiology and nutrients that are required by the body.
- Food is required by humanity to survive. Sometimes food becomes a deficiency, sometimes it becomes an excess, leading to obesity and related diseases.
- So it becomes necessary to take the guidance to make the right choices in eating healthy food
About Nutrition & Dietetics
- Nutritionists have to be strong in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics to understand the role of nutrients in human body.
- Dieticians interpret about nutrition to help people take decision regarding their lifestyle and health.
- Nutritionists and dieticians are instrumental in treating the problems at individual level.
- The most important thing for the success of this course would lie in doing compulsory Internships, thereby enhancing the theoretical knowledge by gaining practical experience
Highlights of the course
- Offering a course relevant to the Industry.v
- Career orientation program.
- Extra emphasis on practical Training.
- Gaining Firsthand knowledge by Industry visits.
- Development of analytical skills.
- Arranging Expert lectures
- Attending conferences, Seminars, Workshops.
- Arranging competitions to excel in cooking with emphasis on nutrition.
- Arranging Nutritional camps to give Diet charts.
- Special focus on Internships.
- Being readily employable.
- Teaching Aids
- LCD Projector
- Over Head Projector
- Desk Top Computer
- Tripod Stand
- Lap Top
- I Pad
- Dr. K. Aparna, Senior Scientist, Agricultural University delivered an Orientation class for BSc Nutrition students.
- Dr. A. Poshadri, Scientist, Vignan Kendra delivered an Orientation class for BSc Food Science students.
- Dr. K. Aparna, Senior Scientist, Agricultural University delivered an expert lecture on Amino acids and Proteins-classification, functions and properties.
- Dr. A. Poshadri, Scientist, Vignan Kendra delivered an expert lecture on Food hazards and food spoilage by microorganisms To UG and PG Life Science students
All Round Development being coordinated in the Department
Name of the Full-time teacher
Dr.MEKALA MOUNIKA M.Sc., Ph.D