INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of the College was set up as a part of the post-accreditation Quality Sustenance Activities recommended by the National Accreditation Assessment Council (NAAC) in order to enhance quality in a continuous process for academic and administrative excellence. The IQAC functions as a core quality enhancing system, facilitating a sense of belonging through a participatory approach towards enhancing, sustaining and internalizing quality culture within the institution. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action .
- To improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of the IQAC are:
Development and application of quality benchmarks.
Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
IQAC will facilitate/contribute to
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication